2012-2013 BUDGET DEVELOPMENT CALENDAR
Board of Education 2011-2012 Budget - As Voted on in May 14th Referendum
Click here for Flex Benefits Modification
BHS Roof Restoration Documents
The Office of Business and Technology Operations is a district-wide organization responsible for the planning, organizing, coordinating and directing the business, finance, technology, plant operations, transportation and food services operations of the school district.
Normal business hours are from 7:00AM to 5:00PM and staff members may be reached during these times either by phone or e-mail.
Key responsibilities of the Business and Technology Operation are listed below:
- Management of all business affairs for the district, including payroll, accounts payable.
- Management of insurance and health benefit programs.
- Approval of all vouchers authorizing expenditures of monies.
- Serves as the treasurer of student activity funds.
- Long-range financial planning and development of the budget.
- Management and control of all major capital projects.
- Support the Superintendent in interpreting and presenting the school budget to the Board of Education, other town committees and the community.
- Works closely with the Town of Brookfield Controller's Office and elected Town boards.
Purchasing and Supply Management
- Management of the district’s purchasing processes for supplies, equipment and services necessary for the operation of the school system.
- Oversee the competitive bid process when required.
- Maintenance of the district’s inventory of district supplies and equipment.
Facilities and Plant Operations
- Supervision of school buildings including maintenance, repair and renovation of all facilities, to ensure a clean and safe environment.
Food Services Program
- Administration of the food service program district-wide
- Management of the district’s food service vendor - Whitson's.
- Management of the district’s transportation vendor - All-Star Transportation.
- Planning, implementation, support and administration of all technology operations.
- Annual evaluation of the district's instructional technology programs.
- Development, implementation and update of the District’s Technology Plan.
- Formulation and administration of the district-wide technology budget.
- Development of guidelines governing the purchase and installation of technology equipment.
- Management of Channel 17 and the district website.
Arthur W. Colley
Director of Business and Technology Operations