2018-2019 Kindergarten Registration
Welcome to the Brookfield Public School District. We have implemented a new registration process that is intended to be more user and environmentally friendly. For those without Internet access, please the Center School Office at 203-775-7650 for alternate arrangements.
Any child reaching their fifth (5th) birthday on or before 1/1/2019 is eligible to register for Kindergarten. Connecticut state law requires children to either register for Kindergarten or their parents/legal guardians must complete a form acknowledging that the eligible child will not be attending Kindergarten. The form is available at the Center School Office.
Registration is complete when:
- Sign up for a registration date
- Online Pre-Enrollment form is completed.
- Residency is verified.
- Medical records are submitted and approved. State law requires all students to have a current physical examination by a physician before they enter kindergarten. The health assessment must be done 12 months prior to the start of school.
- Registration packet and Language Survey are completed, submitted and approved.
- PowerSchool Parent Portal account is created and all additional required information entered through the portal.
To enroll your student, please follow the steps below.
Registration is by appoinment only. Please call the Center School Office at 203-775-7650 to schedule a date and time. Proper identification is necessary to enter the building. This is paperwork turn in only; the student does not need to attend.
Step 1 Complete Online Pre-Enrollment Form
Complete a New Student Registration Form.
Step 2 Required Documents and Forms
Bring completed Registration Packet , Language Survey and Required Documents to the school your student will be attending.
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the Registration Packet and Language Survey. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
New Student Registration Packet
- Registration Packet - New student entering grades 1 - 12
- Registration Packet - New student entering Kindergarten
Language Survey ( Complete one survey)
- Language Survey - English.
- Language Survey - Haitian Creole.
- Language Survey - Arabic
- Language Survey - Mandarin Chinese.
- Language Survey - Polish
- Language Survey - Portuguese
- Language Survey - Spanish
- Official Birth Certificate (with a raised seal)
- Records from previous school ( most recent report card, current withdrawal grades)
- Custody (If applicable) - If a custody agreement exists, a copy must be filed with the school district.
- Proof of Residency (Affidavit Policy 5118)
- Landlord Affidavit
|If the Parent/Legal Guardian of the student is:||Proof of Residency Requirements are as follows|
|Leasing/Renting in Brookfield AND you have a signed lease|
|Leasing/Renting in Brookfield but you DO NOT have a signed lease|
|Do not own or rent, but are living with a Brookfield resident|
If you live in a household where all utilities are in someone else's name or utilities are included as part of your rental agreement, please choose (2) two of the acceptable residency documents that display your Brookfield address:
** Post Office boxes and Shut Off notices do not meet residency requirements. Motor vehicle tax bills and water/sewer bills are not acceptable for proof of residency
Documents must be less than 30 days old. Without proof of residency the registration process cannot be completed. **
Step 3 PowerSchool Parent Portal Letter
After the school receives your completed forms and required documents, you will receive an admission letter from your student's school which contains a six-digit Student Access ID and Student Access Password. Use these numbers to create a login that allows you access to your child's portal. The portal is your pathway to completing the rest of the registration process, viewing your child's courses, schedule, grades, and attendance.
Visit the following link to Create a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account.
Additional information and forms
If you have any questions regarding the process, please feel free to contact the school your student will be attending. Again, we welcome you to our district and wish your family all of the best.