Dear Brookfield Families,
We are so excited to welcome back our returning students and to warmly engage all of our students new to Brookfield!
The health and safety of the students and staff remain our highest priority.
Last week, we welcomed many new and returning students via school based orientations, and we also welcomed our new teachers to the 21-22 academic year by onboarding them through our annual Brookfield New Teacher Orientation process. Our returning faculty began this past Thursday at their schools led by each of our dedicated principals. This morning all employees gathered together for our annual kick off convocation meeting in preparation to greet all of our students for the first day of school, tomorrow, Tuesday, August 31st.
Below, please find a few important reminders as you prepare your children for school:
- To begin the academic year, masks are required indoors per Executive Order, Town Order and as recommended by CDC, AAP, CTDPH and CSDE. If a student forgets their mask on the way to the bus or into school, a disposable one will be provided.
- If you have not already done so, please provide your child’s school nurse with documentation of vaccination.
- Bus routes and stops are available on the District website: 2021-2022 Bus Routes
- School lunch is free of charge for all students for the entire 21-22 year.
- If your child in Grades K-7, needs technology device support, they should let their classroom teacher know so it can be reported to IT.
- If your child is in Grade 8 - 12, they can email the help desk as they always have.
- School specific events and other necessary notifications have been and will be provided by your child’s school.
For your convenience, District level communications sent over the past several weeks, which are designed to help you prepare for the start of the school year, are provided below:
- Brookfield Broadcast - Fall 2021
- Brookfield Public Schools Fall 2021 Opening Plan
- Update M-1: A Note From Your School Nurse
- Update L-1: Chromebook & Device Information for 21-22 School Year
- Update K-1: Mask Wearing Update
In closing, your administrative team, faculty, custodians/maintenance team, nurses, secretaries, paraeducators, technology department and Board of Education have worked diligently all summer to plan for safe, in person, 5 days per week learning and are looking forward to a fantastic school year with your children.
As all of us partner to lead our students, your children to Create Their Tomorrow, know that your local educators, “Brookfield’s Best”, are focused on teaching & learning to support, nurture and develop the whole child.
Dr. John W. Barile