The nurse’s office is collecting eyeglasses, adult or children, in good repair that are no longer being used to donate to the Lions Club. Please put them in an envelope marked "Clinic". I will send them in the Spring to be put to good use. THANKS!
Some Helpful Hints to Help Deal with Vomiting / Stomach Viruses:
- While symptoms are present, clear liquids such as ginger ale, tea, 7up, Gatorade type drinks to prevent dehydration.
- When symptoms subside, a light diet such as dry toast, crackers, jello can be introduced.
- Once tolerated, a regular diet can be resumed, avoiding heavy, fatty, spicy foods.
- Always notify your physician if high fever, signs of dehydration, or no signs of improvement.
- Stress the importance of good hand washing. It is the most effective way to decrease the spread of illnesses.
How to Manage Your Cold and Cough:
- Drink plenty of fluids. Bring a water bottle to school.
- Gargle with salt water. Mix 1/2 tsp with 8oz warm water.
- Over the counter (OTC) medications that contain dextromethorphan will help to lessen a cough.
- OTC medications that contain guaifenesin will help to loosen mucous and make it easier to spit out.
- OTC medications that contain pseudephedrine can help with nasal congestion.
- Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen will help to relieve some of the aches and pains associated with colds and coughs.
- Follow the label directions on all OTC medications.
- Throat lozenges and throat sprays help to coat your throat and make it feel better.