The State of Connecticut requires that all students in 6th grade have a physical health assessment.
The examination must be completed by a physician, physician's assistant or an advanced practice RN. If the physical is done out of state the physical must be done by physician only.
The physcial results must be reported on the blue (HAR-3) form entitled Health Assessment Record.
The phyical must include the following mandated screenings/tests:
- Height & Weight, including BMI
- Blood pressure
- Hematocrit/hemoglobin (test for anemia)
- Gross Dental
- Vision & Hearing
- Postural screening
- Chronic Disease Assessment
- TB: In high risk group?
Upcoming expected immunization changes:
- 2nd dose Varicella (chickenpox)
- 2nd dose Mumps and Rubella
- Adolescent Tdap vaccine
- Meningococcal (this is anticipated during the school year of 2011-2012)